Unlike your typical Western overscheduling soccer mom, the Chinese mother believes that
(1) schoolwork always comes first;
(2) an A-minus is a bad grade;
(3) your children must be two years ahead of their classmates in math;
(4) you must never compliment your children in public;
(5) if your child ever disagrees with a teacher or coach, you must always take the side of the teacher or coach;
(6) the only activities your children should be permitted to do are those in which they can eventually win a medal; and
(7) that medal must be gold.